Step 4: Put It In Your Own Words
- Step 4: Put It In Your Own Words
- Ask yourself the following questions as you read: WHO? WHAT? WHERE? WHEN? WHY? HOW? For example:
- WHO? Laika was a stray dog who was trained for space flight.
- WHAT? She was sent into outer space in Sputnk 2.
- WHERE? The rocket was launched in Russia.
- WHEN? It happened on November 3, 1957.
- WHY? ...to test whether creatures can survive in outer space...
- HOW? ...the rocket had a special dog carrier built in it...
- Spacedog: Asking questions as you read makes you an active reader!