Step 4: Is the Information True or Bogus?
- Step 4: How can you tell if information is true or bogus?
- Some websites have information that is not true - even though it may look real enough. How can you
tell the difference? Here are some things to look for:
- Look for WHO wrote the information
- WHEN was it written?
- Did the author CITE SOURCES?
- Has the site won any awards?
- What makes you think the author is an expert?
- The websites below have true and false information in them.
- Spacedog: Do you know the meanings of these words?