Step 2: Using the Table of Contents and Index
- Step 2: Using the Table of Contents and Index
- REFERENCE and nonfiction books often have special sections that make it easier to find information.
- Use your key words and phrases to search these two areas:
- Table of Contents:
- This is a section at the front of some books. It lists chapters (or articles) and
- This is a section at the back of some books. It has key words in alphabetical order, followed by page numbers
where the information can be found.
- Spacedog: Do you know the meanings of these words?