Step 1: Define Your Subject
- Step 1: Define Your Subject
- Start the project by asking yourself, what do you want to find out?
- What is the main question you're trying to answer?
- Write this question down and keep it handy as you do your research. It's easy to become distracted and forget the original question.
- Childrens' comments:
- Lexy: I want to know about ancient history.
- Jourdan: My favorite subject is sports, especially basketball!
- Maria: The topic I want to study is animals, because I want to be a veterinarian.
- Harry: I'd like to know more about weather and natural disasters like tornados and volcanos.
- Mike: I'm interested in learning about anything with wheels.
- Blair: I'm interested in golfing and skateboarding and robots!
- Spacedog: You can learn about all these subjects by doing research
and here's the main question of this tutorial: "Who was the first dog to go into outer space?"